The next step in the Ministry Pipeline is to engage in the work of spreading the Kingdom of God by volunteering in a local church. There are all types of volunteers. Some work with children, some prepare food, others use their musical talents, and some teach. No function is more important than another! Together, all make up what the Bible calls “The Body of Christ.” One thing is for certain, the “body” needs all its parts to work properly, just as the Church needs everyone working together to be healthy.
“Now you are the body of Christ and individually members of of it.”Ephesians 12:27
There are certain characteristics of a volunteer. A volunteer has take the following steps on a pathway:
- Having learned to lead themselves is ready to lead others
- Supports the mission of the church
- Serves effectively
- Works well with others
- Willing to be developed
- Stewards time and resources well
If you would like help taking the next step of becoming a volunteer, please contact Pastor Turner.
Also, we will be offering the following training, at no cost or obligation during the upcoming year, (you can jump in at any time!):
- 1/27 Vision Night, 6-7:30 PM
- 2/24 Discipleship & Vision, 6-7:30 PM
- 3/31 Strategy & Collaboration, 6-7:30 PM
- 4/28 People Development, 6-7:30 PM
- 5/26 Stewardship, 6-7:30 PM